Marriage preparation requirements
Congratulations on your engagement! We are looking forward to assisting you in preparing for your marriage. The steps below will help you secure information for planning your wedding.
- Contact Parish Office: Call 956-968-3670 to begin the process. Throughout the preparation process you will meet with the priest and our Parish wedding sponsors 3 to 5 times.
- Current Baptism Certificates:Both parties must provide a newly issued Baptism Certificate issued by the parish where you were baptized. Contact the Parish where you were baptized and request a recently dated Baptism Certificate.
- Registered in the Parish: Either the Bride or the Groom must be a registered and active member of St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church. If you are not already registered, you may register by visiting the Parish office.
- 4-6 month preparation process: You must call the Parish office to start the necessary preparation at least 6 months in advance.
- Fully Engaged:You will need to take a FOCCUS inventory. This will be scheduled with our Parish wedding coordinator.
- Pre-Cana: You will be required to attend a retreat with the diocese. You will be given dates and you will Schedule the date and pay the fee required.
- Setting the Date: The final date for the wedding WILL NOT be set until the entire assessment process has been completed and the decision to precede has been made by the priest.